That’s right, Constant Reader. My wife and I are halfway through our stay in Rochester, NY. Can you believe it? Time flies, I suppose. Junior year at the University of Rochester was no picnic, but I made it nonetheless, Dean’s List, might I add.
According to the muggy thunderstorm that kept me up all night, we’re heading into summer. I hear Rochester is a great place to live in the non-winter months (some people argue it’s a great place to live year-round, but that is neither here nor there). I’m not a big fan of humidity, nor am I a big fan of really hot weather. As it turns out, I’m a baby who was spoiled with a constant breeze of 60 degree, California ocean weather.
SIDE NOTE: We Californians consistently do one thing, and that one thing is complaining about any non-60 degree ocean breeze weather. I’m sorry, but I’m helpless about it. I’m a weather snob.
So what do we do after Rochester? After college? Good questions! Even if they are slightly personal, I don’t mind you asking them. I suppose. Before we know it the next year will be over and it will be time to leave. I really, really need to think seriously about my future. Here are my options, friend, as I see them.
Kevin’s List of Future Possibillitude
1. Apply for financial aid as a “student of life”
2. Launch a new political party and/or morning TV talk show: Kevin & Friends
3. Partner with Applebees for a 30 day food documentary: “Appetizer Me”
4. Solve California’s water crisis by releasing snakes everywhere (people will leave)
5. Publish my passion-project novel, Band Names: Called It!
6. Revolutionize the beverage coaster business
7. Freelance as an evangelical pastor (weekend gig)
8. Protest cat bloggers
9. Discover a cure for cow-licks
10. Start that Twitter ministry
Don’t worry, everyone. I was just kidding about the cat bloggers. Have a good day!
[Picture at the top: random sidewalk in Rochester]