I was recently nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award by Adeline from Dancing in the Storm. She writes a great blog about her faith, her marriage, and her missionary work. She says that writing keeps her “grounded,” reading her posts does the same for me. Thanks Adeline!
Embarrassingly I must admit, a couple months ago I was nominated for this by Tony from his amazing blog, A Way With Words. Tony, thank you. I’m sorry this took me so long! Simply, your blog inspires me to be a better writer.
To accept the award, I have to tell Adeline and Tony seven things about me. Let’s keep this brief.
Seven About Kevin
1. I started the year in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho; the next day moved to San Luis Obispo, California. By Fall, Rochester, New York will be my home.
2. Science fiction is my favorite fiction genre. I grew up watching The X-Files, and reading books about UFOs and conspiracy theories. I’m currently reading Sphere by Michael Crichton and it’s awesome.
3. I never wanted to sing, nor have I ever been good at it. Yet, I’ve fronted a local rock band AND led worship at various churches through the years. The microphone has always had it out for me.
4. Singer/Songwriters that inspire me: Denison Witmer, Ben Folds, The Avett Brothers.
5. Oddly enough, Ecclesiastes is my favorite book in the bible.
6. I’m married to a great girl named Megan. She puts sunscreen on my back. The beach and I have since reunited.
7. Favorite Movies: The Truman Show, Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade, A Bronx Tale, Empire Strikes Back, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind!
Fifteen I’ve Nominated
Around the time Tony nominated me, I had just taken up blogging again (at least, on a consistent basis). I wasn’t really sure what a blog award was.
Also, I was a wordpress hermit—there weren’t 15 other bloggers I knew to nominate.
Times have changed; we have microwave ovens now. I read more than I write, and I’m writing better because of it. The best part of this award is that I get to give this gift that was graciously given to me.
Here you go; you all deserve this (in no order):
6. Merely David
10. Roots Like Oaks
11. Mark Block
15. Omnia’s World
Thanks again Adeline and Tony. You guys are the best. I’m very, very grateful for this award.
Now on with the show!